Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)
1.My name is Matt, and I was born in St. Louis MO.
2. I grew up in Colorado, and feel very lucky to have; it’s a cool state that breeds and produces cool, interesting people. I miss it very much, and hope that I end up “home” again one day.
3. I like the darker side of reality–I like poor people, criminals, prisoners, drug addicts, illegal workers. To me there is a much more colorful story in trouble than there is in success. I like to know and understand people inside of this struggle. I like their perspective; it’s quite fascinating.
4. I spent a little time behind bars, big whoop, wanna fight about it? (family guy reference). It was life changing, and it taught me a lot about who I was and what I was in relation to the rest of the world. It calmed me down a lot, maybe too much. I’m quite a prude nowadays (depending on who you ask).
5. The only secrets I have trouble keeping are my own. I like to tell people about myself, and a lot of the time telling the truth gets me into trouble somewhere down the line.
6. I like to help other people. I have some strange ability to help others out, especially in areas where it seems I can’t help myself most times. I find this very strange at times.
7. I like to travel, and I want to live for travel for the next ten years (and beyond). It is something that just teaches you things that you can’t get anywhere else. It makes life full to see what there is to see. I like to experience as much through the eyes of others as I can.
8. Life is a journey. Keep this in mind, take heed of everything you see and try your best to regret nothing (even if it was terrible). Sometimes this is the only thing that keeps me going through the “rough” times. Don’t look at things in terms of good and bad, don’t lay down to societies opinion of what success is, do your own thing, understand that it will certainly all be over before you know it.
9. I hate, hate, hate denim. I haven’t worn denim on any part of my body in about 15 years, and will continue trying not to wear any for the forseeable future.
10. I like to think…..a lot. I think about everything, from as many different angles as possible. sometimes I think so much to my own detriment! I also believe in “over-thinking” and I do this on a daily basis.
11. I smoke cigarettes like a chimney, don’t pay attention to my diet, but I also exercise quite vigorously on a daily basis – running, biking, whatever. I am a contradiction in this aspect.
12. I can’t figure out why I can drink alcohol without having any problems with either moderation or abuse. This is a mystery to me considering that everything else I do is always to the very end of whatever it can stand. I’m quite thankful for this ability, but don’t really exercise it too much. I’m just not a big alcohol fan.
13. I hate change (just like the rest of you). I resist it, and resist it, but it comes anyways – always. I’m getting better with rolling along on the road, but it still sucks at first- always.
14. I love to read and write poetry.
15. Music adds a lot of color to my everyday life. I look around at other people who don’t take music as seriously and I think that they are crazy, I mean come now, EVERYONE should be as excited as me when a really good song comes on the radio, and people should be able to distinguish good music that means something from something that doesn’t.
16. I have a “strong dislike” for the Federal Government. I won’t say “hate” because the FBI would probably be at my door tomorrow morning. Generally, and overall, I really just don’t like “the state”. I think the government has too much sway in people’s lives and affairs, and people are being pacified while they lose their rights wholesale.
17. I hope to understand who I am and why I am on the earth by the time I die. My life is seeking this meaning, looking for it everywhere.
18. I haven’t served my purpose on the Earth yet, and this is a very tangible feeling; it’s something that eats away at you, makes you restless.
19. I like to joke, and I love to laugh. I think that I will try comedy one day soon. A lot of the time, if you get me started, I just talk too much. I’m very vocal, very out-going most times.
20. I really don’t like violence. I don’t enjoy watching it on tv or in the movies (mostly). I think that pain and suffering don’t have the respect they deserve, and this view in our society makes it possible for people to perpetrate great acts of violence on their own society, without appreciating the gravity of their actions. There are so many more fulfilling things to derive pleasure out of than watching people get cut up or shot in the movies – go find out.
21. Once upon a time I fell in love with a girl, I never got over it, and I never will.
22. Although I don’t get the chance much anymore I like to be romantic. I love love, and I think that it is the most powerful thing I have ever discovered on the Earth. Say what you will, but when you really fall in love you know it.
23. I live in the summer time, and I am asleep all winter. In fact, I think that it’s fair to say that I do not exist between the months of November and March.
24. I have A LOT of problems, all of the time, but not drama. No no no, I am “anti-drama” anti- everything that has to do with people complaining more than they actually suffer. Keep in mind IT ISN”T RELATIVE.
25. I desire to respect everyone who I come in contact with. I also want to learn from everyone I come in contact with, and if it’s possible I would like to be friends with the entire planet! “be always kind to others” and you can’t really go wrong.
(Okay, so is this what you expect a junkie to be like? Are you like this? If so, then you must be a junkie too. NO? Excellent! But, hopefully you can see that those caught in addictions are just people, and many of them excellent people. I am starting to see that so many of us like to curl our lips in disgust at others when in fact we are just several DNA markers away from being the same thing. Are you fat? Okay with me, I can see past that. Are you scared of dirt? Okay with me, I can see past that. Are you in debt up to your molars gurgling on dollars spent? Okay with me… Do you smoke like a Chevy Vega? Okay with me…. Do you spend more time at the gym than anything else? Okay with me… Do you walk past anything that reflects your image and check your butt? Many things trap people, some of them innocuous, and some of them kill. I am okay with YOU, and your addiction is not part of YOU. I will hate your addiction and not hate you. Therefore, I suggest you reply to Matt’s suggestion and list 25 things about YOU. And, I would bet Matt’s reading them from Heaven too. Matt’s mom)